The caregivers of loved ones and patients living with Alzheimer’s and dementia are certainly unsung heroes. However, their role can cause caregiver stress and lead to a number of health and wellness issues.
There are over 15 million unpaid caregivers helping people living with Alzheimer’s and dementia, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. All the free caregiver hours is estimated to be more than 18 billion with a $230 billion value.
Caregiver Stress Affects 35 Percent of Caregivers
The biggest challenge for those helping loved ones and patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia is caregiver stress. This stress leads to immune system problems and health and wellness problems that are quite serious.
Burn out is very common and it worries caregiver, because many times they want to continue caring for their loved ones, but simply can’t. Sleep problems, headaches, weight gain, weight loss, depression, anger, changes in mood, and more are all caregiver stress symptoms.
Just for you . . .
8 Caregiver Stress Symptoms Include:
- Feeling like you need to do everything on your own.
- Constantly worrying that your loved one or patient is not safe.
- Begin withdrawing from family and friends, as well as activities you once enjoyed.
- You feel anxious about money and job decisions.
- Staying in denial about the outcome of your loved ones Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Feeling upset or depressed that your loved one or patient relationship is not as good as it was in the past.
- Frustration and anger with your dementia loved one during daily routines.
- You experience mental and physical health issues that are becoming noticeable and problematic.
If you are experiencing any of the above signs and symptoms of caregiver stress, you should talk to a doctor. It is essential to the health of your loved one or patient living with Alzheimer’s or dementia that your health and wellness remains optimal.
Stay Together with a GPS Tracking Device
You can also stay together with your loved one with the Caregiver Watch. The Caregiver Watch is a GPS smart watch wearable that allows caregivers to get the peace of mind the need. It may also improve your life, since you will be connected with your loved one, anytime, and from anywhere. Support our Kickstarter campaign or order now.